What’s Hardcore Music Studio All About?
Since 2015, we’ve been helping aspiring engineers & mixers master the craft of record production, all the way from first take to final mix.
You’re in the right place if…
- You’re an ambitious engineer/mixer who is at an intermediate or semi-professional or pro level.
- You work primarily with rock genres including metal, hardcore, punk, pop-punk, pop-rock, etc. - anything with real drums, guitars & vocals!
- You’re not getting the impact, clarity and polish that you hear on your favourite records.
- Your mixes aren’t quite stacking up to the pros.
- You’re lacking a clear step-by-step process to take a project through tracking, editing and mixing with a predictable timeframe and consistently great results.
- You’re spending hours and hours with online tutorials, but not seeming to make much progress.
- You have a dream of turning your passion for audio into a part-time or full-time income.
We help people…
- Get their mixes to a competitive quality that sounds just as good as records done by the “big name” mixers.
- Accelerate how quickly they track, edit and mix so they can get more work done, in less time, with better results.
- Simplify the process and install a production blueprint that provides certainty and confidence with every step and every decision - no more second guessing, spending months on a mix, or going back to YouTube again and again.
- Become true professional “Full Stack Producers” - with elite skills in tracking, editing and mixing.
- Start getting paid clients in the door and grow steadily until their calendar is full with bands paying $500/song or more.
How we do it…
Here's the deal: A lot of the recording & mixing advice you see online is a waste of time.
The main problem is that 90% of YouTubers and course creators out there haven’t actually made a real record - something that you could stream on Spotify or buy in a store.
For the most part, they’re simply recycling second hand information that they picked up from somewhere else.
The secondary problem is that you can’t learn how to make great records in a classroom. You need to get experience in the real world.
That’s why all of our training is done “Virtual Intern Style” - you get to look over the shoulder of an actual pro, on real sessions for songs that have been heard by millions of people around the world.
We believe the best way to learn this craft is to immerse yourself in these types of real-world projects - kind of like getting in the kitchen with a world-class chef and watching him cook meals, instead of reading a cookbook.
In addition to our Virtual Intern training, we provide all the tools you need to succeed in the studio (templates, samples, multitracks, etc.), plus weekly coaching & mix feedback from actual full-time professional engineers.
Who is the “we” you keep talking about?
HCMS was started by producer/engineer/mixer Jordan Valeriote.
Jordan has produced and/or mixed major world-wide releases for bands like Silverstein, Emery, Counterparts, Intervals, Neck Deep, Nick Johnston and more; and labels including Hopeless, Rise, Universal and SolidState.
Those are some of the projects you’ll be diving into & learning from if you decide to join us.
Beginning with a single mixing course in 2015, Jordan steadily grew the training library to cover everything an aspiring engineer needs to track, edit and mix at the highest level, then turn it into a full-time career. It’s a complete replacement for audio colleges that charge >10x for their programs - and deliver mediocre results.
(Wanna see what our members achieve? Click here)
Since 2015, the team at HCMS has steadily expanded so we can deliver more help to more engineers.
Here’s the team who works alongside Jordan:
R.J. DeMarco - Full-time producer/mixer out of Buffalo NY; singer for the band Fernway, and our head member success coach
Roelof Klop - Full-time producer/mixer out of the Netherlands; member success coach
Ryan Izzard - Full-time producer/mixer in Ontario Canada; member success coach
Hayley Erdman - Provides member support and manages our programs, communities and day-to-day operations